Author Topic: Duplicate photos command?  (Read 3763 times)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Duplicate photos command?
« on: October 30, 2007, 03:47:08 PM »
Would it be possible to add a "Duplicate Selected Photos" command to the contextual menus in PM?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Duplicate photos command?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 03:55:09 PM »
Would it be possible to add a "Duplicate Selected Photos" command to the contextual menus in PM?

What would that do exactly?  What if you had multiple folders open in a single contact sheet or the selected photos were part of a search, where would the duplicates go?

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: Duplicate photos command?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 04:47:04 PM »
I was thinking it would do exactly the same as it does in the Finder - duplicate the selected item and place the copy in the same place as the original, appending a suffix to the filename to avoid clashes.  My reasoning for this request is that I sometimes want to have two or more versions of the same photo with different post-processing applied (B/W, different crop, etc) and this would simplify part of the process.  I can use the copy command and copy them into the original folder, so it's not a huge, urgent need that must be filled to avoid disaster, but it would be nice to have a one-click solution :).  I was also interested to know if it could be useful to others, and I was guessing it would not be too complicated to do? (I'm not the expert though!)