Author Topic: Slideshow flickering on new PC  (Read 2597 times)

Offline muzdav

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Murray Davidson Photography
Slideshow flickering on new PC
« on: December 05, 2007, 06:16:29 PM »
I've just acquired a new PC to upgrade from my old buggy to something with a bit more grunt, with PM as one of the first programs installed.  However, the slideshow doesn't display properly, as when fading in and out between the shots, the image 'flickers' and flashes quite severely, in a way which is disturbingly wrong.  There's no other display issues shown themselves up and video/directx diagnostic tests showed no issues.  I have since installed Photoshop, Capture NX, Flash and Quicktime in hope that they may have helped, but not so.  I've spoken to the PC store and implied the graphics card may be misbehaving, but he thought it a software issue.

Any clues on what might be causing this?

I have v4.5.3b4 installed on XP Pro.  It works fine on my old PC and laptop.

Thanks

Murray
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 06:19:18 PM by muzdav »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Slideshow flickering on new PC
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 10:42:06 PM »
Murray,

I've just acquired a new PC to upgrade from my old buggy to something with a bit more grunt, with PM as one of the first programs installed.  However, the slideshow doesn't display properly, as when fading in and out between the shots, the image 'flickers' and flashes quite severely, in a way which is disturbingly wrong.  There's no other display issues shown themselves up and video/directx diagnostic tests showed no issues.  I have since installed Photoshop, Capture NX, Flash and Quicktime in hope that they may have helped, but not so.  I've spoken to the PC store and implied the graphics card may be misbehaving, but he thought it a software issue.

Any clues on what might be causing this?

I have v4.5.3b4 installed on XP Pro.  It works fine on my old PC and laptop.

This is likely caused by a faulty driver on your new system.  Please check with the manufacturer of your video card for the latest Windows XP compatible drivers.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline muzdav

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Murray Davidson Photography
Re: Slideshow flickering on new PC
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 02:16:48 AM »
I updated the driver and it works properly!   BRILLIANT!!

Thanks for the direction, Kirk...

Murray