Author Topic: Ingesting images from multiple cameras  (Read 2833 times)

Offline mbrown

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingesting images from multiple cameras
« on: December 08, 2007, 06:42:40 PM »
I looked everywhere and couldn't find the answer to this:

First the scenario - I shoot with 2 camera's on a wedding.  I copy the images into a folder (camera's have different file name set ups not to duplicate).  At the end of the event I ingest into a new folder with photomechanic, renaming to whatever I choose.

Problem: It still renames the images into the same order as the camera names, I want to be able to ingest and rename in capture time order, so the file names run in the right order.

I thought this was something I had done before, but I cannot work out how I did it.

TIA
Mick Brown

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingesting images from multiple cameras
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 08:17:53 PM »
Mick,

I looked everywhere and couldn't find the answer to this:

First the scenario - I shoot with 2 camera's on a wedding.  I copy the images into a folder (camera's have different file name set ups not to duplicate).  At the end of the event I ingest into a new folder with photomechanic, renaming to whatever I choose.

Problem: It still renames the images into the same order as the camera names, I want to be able to ingest and rename in capture time order, so the file names run in the right order.

I thought this was something I had done before, but I cannot work out how I did it.

I'm not sure why you would need to copy them to a folder first?

What most multiple camera shooters do is get two card readers, insert the cards, and Ingest all at the same time.

If you use {datesort} as the start of your filenames, it shouldn't matter what order you ingest them in.  Filename sort and Capture Time sort should produce the same results.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 08:19:24 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline mbrown

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 04:06:53 AM »
Yeah it's a nasty habit I have to get out of, when I'm on the fly sometimes I just quickly dump images to a folder, usually between locations.  I will try the file sort feature for this last batch and try and fix my workflow habits from now on.

How is the new version with cataloging going?  I'm really over aperture, too clunky.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 06:40:56 AM »
Yeah it's a nasty habit I have to get out of, when I'm on the fly sometimes I just quickly dump images to a folder, usually between locations.  I will try the file sort feature for this last batch and try and fix my workflow habits from now on.

How is the new version with cataloging going?  I'm really over aperture, too clunky.

We're still working on it.  It should be really nice.

-Kirk