Author Topic: SD card- images remain on card after ingest- I want "Ingest" to delete them  (Read 2613 times)

Offline nharnik

• View Profile

windows XP, very latest PM version
Hello Kirk,
Unexpectedly, even though I have configured the "Ingest Utility" to delete the jpegs following an ingest, images remailn on my SD card after the ingest.
It is a canon A650 IS point and shoot camera, and the SD card is not in the protected position.
Is this normal? With this same configuration my 1-D MK II and CF cards behave as I expect them, with images deleted from the CF card upon ingest.
Many thanks, Nati 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Nati,

windows XP, very latest PM version

Unexpectedly, even though I have configured the "Ingest Utility" to delete the jpegs following an ingest, images remailn on my SD card after the ingest.
It is a canon A650 IS point and shoot camera, and the SD card is not in the protected position.
Is this normal? With this same configuration my 1-D MK II and CF cards behave as I expect them, with images deleted from the CF card upon ingest.

Had you ingested some of the images before and have "Incremental Ingest" turned on?  If so, then only the images that actually get downloaded successfully will be deleted.

-Kirk

Offline nharnik

• View Profile
Kirk,
Still do not know why/how the images were not ingested in my earlier ingests, but now in all my latest ingests PM does indeed delete the images from the SD card. (without any changes in my preferences) Gremlins.
So problem solved, no need for any action...
thanks, nati