Author Topic: PhotoShelter & Registration  (Read 3252 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
PhotoShelter & Registration
« on: January 12, 2008, 08:56:24 PM »
2 things.

1. On uploading to PhotoShelter - Is it possible to mark an image with it's pricing profile & it's search rules?

2. I'm trying to set up a system to register my photos with the copyright office on a regular basis. For a couple reasons I thought every 90 days would be good. I would like to (or you to) create a macro or something to:
A- copy All folders (dated) on disk (since last time) to a Register folder (to burn to DVD). each image in those folders copied at 100 pixels & saved at a low quality (3 or 4) JPG.
B- mark those as registered so as not to do them again.
C- burn DVD(s).

Is either of these possible?
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PhotoShelter & Registration
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:01:42 PM »
2 things.

1. On uploading to PhotoShelter - Is it possible to mark an image with it's pricing profile & it's search rules?

Not to my knowledge.  I don't think the PhotoShelter upload API supports such capabilities.

Quote from: jasphoto
2. I'm trying to set up a system to register my photos with the copyright office on a regular basis. For a couple reasons I thought every 90 days would be good. I would like to (or you to) create a macro or something to:
A- copy All folders (dated) on disk (since last time) to a Register folder (to burn to DVD). each image in those folders copied at 100 pixels & saved at a low quality (3 or 4) JPG.
B- mark those as registered so as not to do them again.
C- burn DVD(s).

Is either of these possible?

On this one, I hear that the copyright office is working on an electronic means of submitting photos for copyright.  When they've got things worked out, we plan to support it in Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk