Photo Mechanic > Support

MESSAGE: "None of the selected photos can be saved at high resolution."

(1/2) > >>

scottdevine:
Hi,

I'm new to Photo Mechanic and I'm having a problem.  I have a folder of 14 images, 13 of which I have edited in Capture NX.  I am trying to use the "Save Photo As" file option and I receive a message saying "None of the selected photos can be saved at high resolution."  Whether I select all the images or just the unedited NEF image, I still get this error.  Does anyone know why this may be happening? 

I'm on Mac OSX 10.4 and the NEF files are from a D300.

Thanks,
Scott   

Kirk Baker:
Scott,

--- Quote from: scottdevine on January 11, 2008, 07:18:59 AM ---I'm new to Photo Mechanic and I'm having a problem.  I have a folder of 14 images, 13 of which I have edited in Capture NX.  I am trying to use the "Save Photo As" file option and I receive a message saying "None of the selected photos can be saved at high resolution."  Whether I select all the images or just the unedited NEF image, I still get this error.  Does anyone know why this may be happening? 

I'm on Mac OSX 10.4 and the NEF files are from a D300.
--- End quote ---

Mac OS X has not been updated to support the NEFs that the D300 produces.  Other cameras that have no support as of yet include the D3 and the 1Ds Mark III.

But since you have Capture NX, why don't you use it to produce your JPEGs?  Or an alternative from within Photo Mechanic is to use the Extract JPEG Previews from RAW photos command on the Tools menu.  If your NEFs look the way you want them to already, then this is a quick way to produce JPEGs from your NEFs.

-Kirk

Hayo Baan:
Scott, for your information: Nikon Capture NX embeds a very high quality jpg in the NEF file (even better than the one embedded by the camera, and that one is already good).
The embedded jpg is probably good enough for at least 90% of the cases in which you want to use a jpg.  Kirk's suggestion to use the extract jpg function therefore works great!

Kirk, just a question: If I understood correctly, the save-as dialog of 4.6 was going to have the ability to use the embedded jpg for RAW files, isn't it?  (given that on Mac OS-X you bypass the raw renderer of the OS).
Did I understand you correctly, or is it going to work differently?

Thanks,

Kirk Baker:
Hayo,

--- Quote from: Hayo Baan on January 11, 2008, 10:58:20 AM ---Kirk, just a question: If I understood correctly, the save-as dialog of 4.6 was going to have the ability to use the embedded jpg for RAW files, isn't it?
--- End quote ---

The Save As dialog will allow embedded JPEG previews be used as the source for saving.  I haven't completed it yet but it is high on my to-do list.

-Kirk

Hayo Baan:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on January 11, 2008, 11:37:28 AM ---The Save As dialog will allow embedded JPEG previews be used as the source for saving.  I haven't completed it yet but it is high on my to-do list.

--- End quote ---

Kirk, that is excellent! Just wanted to double check because I could have misinterpreted ;).

Thanks,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version