Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Lockup again using 4.5.3 and Leopard

(1/1)

Rich Gibson:
Same problem.  I was strolling through my folders renaming them.  I had about 15 folders showing across the top line and noticed an image I was curious to view and when I clicked on it to see it PM locked up.  The cursor moved but didn't do anything.  I was able to go to other applications and use the activity monitor to shut PM down. 

This is a repeat problem involving having multiple folders showing across the top and then trying to view an image.  I wish it would be addressed by something other than saying I should try the latest release.  It has happened ever since I've used PM in any version.

First of all why not just flush out the list of folders (or permit this to be an option)?  Has someone tried to reproduce this problem?

Thanks, Rich

Kirk Baker:
Rich,

--- Quote from: Rich Gibson on January 20, 2008, 09:45:59 AM ---Same problem.  I was strolling through my folders renaming them.  I had about 15 folders showing across the top line and noticed an image I was curious to view and when I clicked on it to see it PM locked up.  The cursor moved but didn't do anything.  I was able to go to other applications and use the activity monitor to shut PM down. 

This is a repeat problem involving having multiple folders showing across the top and then trying to view an image.  I wish it would be addressed by something other than saying I should try the latest release.  It has happened ever since I've used PM in any version.
--- End quote ---

I have had many more than 15 folders open at once and was not able to reproduce your issue.  If you can tell me how to get it to happen on demand then I am sure I can fix it.

--- Quote from: Rich Gibson ---First of all why not just flush out the list of folders (or permit this to be an option)?
--- End quote ---

What does it mean to "flush out the list of folders"?  What would such an option do?

--- Quote from: Rich Gibson ---Has someone tried to reproduce this problem?
--- End quote ---

Of course I have.  But no luck as of yet.

-Kirk

Rich Gibson:
I want to apologize.  I made an error and there is no problem.  I moved the image viewing screen to a farthest corner of the monitor and missed it later.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks, Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version