Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

IPTC info not being carried to photoshop

(1/2) > >>

sdergar:
I'm having an issue with some of the information in the IPTC from photo mechanic not being carried over to photoshop.  The scenario.  after an assignment I select the pictures and modify the IPTC information and apply it to the selected pictures.  The only changes really are the caption, keywords & object name.  The rest stays the same.  Now everything I need to carry over has been check marked.  I copy the pictures into a folder and then open up bridge & photoshop.  Do the crop then open file info in photoshop to adjust the caption for each photo.  That all carries over however my contact information (name, address, etc) does not.

I know when you save for web it does cut out some of the IPTC info but the above case is a regular save or save as.

Thanks...Steven

Kirk Baker:
Steven,

--- Quote from: sdergar on February 18, 2008, 06:50:49 AM ---I'm having an issue with some of the information in the IPTC from photo mechanic not being carried over to photoshop.  The scenario.  after an assignment I select the pictures and modify the IPTC information and apply it to the selected pictures.  The only changes really are the caption, keywords & object name.  The rest stays the same.  Now everything I need to carry over has been check marked.  I copy the pictures into a folder and then open up bridge & photoshop.  Do the crop then open file info in photoshop to adjust the caption for each photo.  That all carries over however my contact information (name, address, etc) does not.
--- End quote ---

It sounds like you are not telling Photo Mechanic to write out XMP data for your photos.  The fields you described are only stored in XMP metadata.  Please check your IPTC/XMP settings in the Preferences dialog.

-Kirk

Matthew Rond:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on February 18, 2008, 07:44:20 AM ---Steven,

--- Quote from: sdergar on February 18, 2008, 06:50:49 AM ---I'm having an issue with some of the information in the IPTC from photo mechanic not being carried over to photoshop.  The scenario.  after an assignment I select the pictures and modify the IPTC information and apply it to the selected pictures.  The only changes really are the caption, keywords & object name.  The rest stays the same.  Now everything I need to carry over has been check marked.  I copy the pictures into a folder and then open up bridge & photoshop.  Do the crop then open file info in photoshop to adjust the caption for each photo.  That all carries over however my contact information (name, address, etc) does not.
--- End quote ---

It sounds like you are not telling Photo Mechanic to write out XMP data for your photos.  The fields you described are only stored in XMP metadata.  Please check your IPTC/XMP settings in the Preferences dialog.

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

Kirk, I don't see any option dealing with XMP in the PM preferences. Please elaborate on the location of this option. The IPTC field in preferences is fairly stark, I see no mention of XMP.

Kirk Baker:
Steven,

--- Quote from: Matthew Rond on February 22, 2008, 10:48:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on February 18, 2008, 07:44:20 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Kirk, I don't see any option dealing with XMP in the PM preferences. Please elaborate on the location of this option. The IPTC field in preferences is fairly stark, I see no mention of XMP.

--- End quote ---

I attached a screen shot of the IPTC/XMP settings in the Preferences dialog.  There are several UI elements that allow you to tailor your use of IPTC and XMP.

-Kirk

[attachment deleted by admin]

Matthew Rond:
Kirk, thanks for the quick response! Would this preference panel be available in version 4.3.8?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version