Photo Mechanic > Support

Two PM open at the same time?

(1/2) > >>

hilmartor:
Hi,

I have to compare some work side by side. Is it possible to have two PM (windows or programs) open at the same time to compare images?

-Hilmar

Kirk Baker:
Hilmar,

--- Quote from: hilmartor on February 27, 2008, 06:35:21 AM ---I have to compare some work side by side. Is it possible to have two PM (windows or programs) open at the same time to compare images?
--- End quote ---

No, that is not possible.  If we wanted to make that possible it would be a very complex feature to add because of caching, file locking, etc.

-Kirk

hilmartor:
Hi,

I have to agree with the note above. I often have to compare images, from diffrent photographers - same occasion, finding diffrent named images (jpg-raw, someone sends me a renamed file and I have to locate the original RAW, etc.

Therefor I have to admit that this is a key option for many photographers. I admit having tab as a choice would be nice but to be able to have diffrent windows open to compare is vital.

Kirk, it would be nice to get your thought on this. I see that simular requests are being posted in other forums for PM.

-Hilmar

f8andbethere:
 ::) :D ;D  YIPPEEEE!!!!!

It was all a misunderstanding. I just got off the phone with Dennis. Not only can we still have two separate windows open, we can combine them with tabs, and move tabs around, and all kinds of good stuff.

To confirm, I asked if I could have one window open looking at a HD, and another completely separate window open looking at a CD. Answer: YES!

Hilmar, you described precisely what I have to deal with, where the only option is to compare images VISUALLY.

Bill Smith

Kirk Baker:
Hilmar,

--- Quote from: hilmartor on February 27, 2008, 03:51:02 PM ---I have to agree with the note above. I often have to compare images, from diffrent photographers - same occasion, finding diffrent named images (jpg-raw, someone sends me a renamed file and I have to locate the original RAW, etc.

Therefor I have to admit that this is a key option for many photographers. I admit having tab as a choice would be nice but to be able to have diffrent windows open to compare is vital.

Kirk, it would be nice to get your thought on this. I see that simular requests are being posted in other forums for PM.
--- End quote ---

This is something that is quite easy to do on Mac OS X.  You just create two top-level windows and place them side-by-side or on different monitors and away you go.

On Windows we don't have that capability because the Contact Sheet is enclosed in the outer application window.  Here is what I will do for you all in 4.6 (I'll try to do it but I may fail): I will try to add a mode where the tabs won't be present and you'll be able to 'tile' the windows, placing them side-by-side inside the outer application window.  You'll be able to compare two contact sheets at a time and you'll be able to switch back to 'tabs' mode.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version