Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Negative-looking contact sheets

(1/2) > >>

WimWenner:
Strange. When printing contact sheets as a PDF-file, I have to choose 'No color management', otherwise all the images look like negatives on the PDF. Why is that?

(Reason to make PDF's? It's a simple way to show a lot of pictures to the customer. Printing 200 pictures as a page by page contact sheet into a Low Res PDF-file in Instant Enfocus generates a file of only 10 MB, including the filenames. PS doesn't offer that possibility and that's why I like PM so much!)

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: WimWenner on March 13, 2008, 02:31:46 PM ---Strange. When printing contact sheets as a PDF-file, I have to choose 'No color management', otherwise all the images look like negatives on the PDF. Why is that?

(Reason to make PDF's? It's a simple way to show a lot of pictures to the customer. Printing 200 pictures as a page by page contact sheet into a Low Res PDF-file in Instant Enfocus generates a file of only 10 MB, including the filenames. PS doesn't offer that possibility and that's why I like PM so much!)
--- End quote ---

I don't know why that would be.  Photo Mechanic is just given a printing context by the OS to draw into, the drivers take it from there.

-Kirk

WimWenner:
Here is an example to show you. It's the result of any menu choice in the menu Color choice, and than printing as a PDF-file. When choosing 'No color matching' the image is okay. It happens with tiff's, jpeg's and eps'.

WimWenner:
@Kirk: have you seen the example of the negative-looking contact sheet below? I wonder if you might have an explanation.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: WimWenner on March 16, 2008, 08:24:15 AM ---@Kirk: have you seen the example of the negative-looking contact sheet below? I wonder if you might have an explanation.

--- End quote ---

I did see the example.  I'm not sure there is much I can do about it since the OS doesn't tell me that the eventual output will be a PDF file.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version