Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Export ratings to Extensis Portfolio

(1/2) > >>

thelight:
I am in the demo phase of PM 4.5.3.1.  I like it but I am trying to find a way for my numerical and/ or color ratings can be made visible in my cataloging app., Extensis Porfolio 8.1.1.  How do I do this?  Is the rating in PM XMP data?  If it is I may be able to map it.

Thanks.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: thelight on March 29, 2008, 11:03:06 AM ---I am in the demo phase of PM 4.5.3.1.  I like it but I am trying to find a way for my numerical and/ or color ratings can be made visible in my cataloging app., Extensis Porfolio 8.1.1.  How do I do this?  Is the rating in PM XMP data?  If it is I may be able to map it.
--- End quote ---

Yes.  We use the same XMP fields as Adobe.  If you examine the XMP file with a text editor, you'll find them in there.

-Kirk

thelight:
It worked.  Thanks.  Is the color rating in PM supported the same way?

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: thelight on March 30, 2008, 09:21:20 AM ---It worked.  Thanks.  Is the color rating in PM supported the same way?

--- End quote ---

Yes.  We write out the names of the color labels you have set on your images to XMP.

-Kirk

thelight:
Thanks again Kirk.  One more question.  I notice the color and numerical ratings now export nicely to Extensis Portfolio.  When I remove these ratings in PM Extensis does not do the same.  Is there a way I can adjust PM so it in essence "exports" a blank field?  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version