Author Topic: D3: autorotate not working  (Read 2930 times)

Offline JerryL

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
D3: autorotate not working
« on: April 02, 2008, 03:14:54 PM »
Hi Kirk.

Upgraded to the Nikon D3, and shot our first tethered session today.  Finding that images (RAW+JPG) shot vertically are not being auto-rotated in PM.  D2x files work just fine.  Running under WinXP, PM version 4.5.3.1.  (Auto-rotate is turned on in the camera, just like in our D2X, but not sure if that affects PM's behavior or not with D3 files)

Thanks for any insight,
Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: D3: autorotate not working
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »
Jerry,

Upgraded to the Nikon D3, and shot our first tethered session today.  Finding that images (RAW+JPG) shot vertically are not being auto-rotated in PM.  D2x files work just fine.  Running under WinXP, PM version 4.5.3.1.  (Auto-rotate is turned on in the camera, just like in our D2X, but not sure if that affects PM's behavior or not with D3 files)

And if you don't shoot tethered, do the photos come up in the proper orientation?

Can you send us a photo that does not come up in the proper orientation?

-Kirk

Offline JerryL

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »
Hi Kirk -

Yes - if we shoot to the card in the camera instead, images on the camera rotate correctly.  What's more if I copy that card's contents to the computer and view via PM there, the images again are rotated correctly.

I can send you an image - just let me know the FTP site and credentials, please (or send these to my email address: DELETED by Kirk).  Do you want NEF, JPG, or both?

Thanks,
Jerry
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 03:56:42 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline JerryL

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 01:17:45 AM »
Hi Kirk -

Giving this a bump, would love to find out how to see this addressed.  Currently, we have to manually rotate images so on-site client review can happen (w/o them kinking their necks).

If you want me to send you file(s), just let me know the FTP info...

Thanks,
Jerry