Author Topic: Export to web pages using BananAlbum  (Read 4463 times)

Offline JWS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Export to web pages using BananAlbum
« on: April 03, 2008, 01:58:59 PM »
Hi All,

I like the web export using the BananAlbum template.  But I would like to do two things that the BananAlbum samples (the first one) does.  One is show an album tree, and two, allow viewers to be able to download the full size shots.  Both of these capabilities seem to be present in the BananAlbum samples so I know it can be done.  Does anyone know how to change the built in BananAlbum so I can do this.

Thanks,

JWS

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Export to web pages using BananAlbum
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 12:43:43 PM »
JWS, you can edit the provided ruby scripts freely.  You can find them in the program directory under builtin_templates\export\bananalbum (this is under Windoze, I guess they are in a similar location for the Mac).

If you change the default script, I suggest you make a copy of the original files in a your own script directory (to enable your own script directory, specify a location for the "Location of user templates" on the "Files" tab of the preferences dialogue.)

Depending on what you want to achieve you'll need to understand quite a bit of the programming language ruby (and probably the way Bananalbum works).

Hope this helps,

Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline JWS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 02:15:04 PM »
Thanks, HB

Offline Pat Christman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 09:27:19 AM »
Anyone have any idea where these scripts are located on the Mac version? I quested around only to find where the preference dialogs are stored. I would like to stop the autoplay feature of the slideshow if I can.

Thanks,
Pat

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 10:09:24 AM »
Pat,

Anyone have any idea where these scripts are located on the Mac version? I quested around only to find where the preference dialogs are stored. I would like to stop the autoplay feature of the slideshow if I can.

Right-click on the Photo Mechanic application.  Choose Show Package Contents from the contextual menu.  Navigate into the application Contents folder.  There you'll find the builtin_templates folder.  It is best if you copy out the template to another location so you can modify it.  Then you can use the User Templates Path to point at the folder containing the folder of your modified template.  Then PM will show your modified Banana Album exporter as well as the built-in one.

I recommend you create a Exporter Templates folder inside your home folder:

<your home folder>
    Exporter Templates
        mybananalbum

Point the User Templates Path (it is set on the Files tab of the Preferences dialog) at the Exporter Templates folder.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Pat Christman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »
Sure did. Worked great. Thanks!

Pat