Author Topic: Changing Font & Font Sizes in Watermarks  (Read 3155 times)

Offline egami

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Changing Font & Font Sizes in Watermarks
« on: April 07, 2008, 07:53:04 AM »
Hello Kirk,

I seem to be unable to change the font sizes and characteristics when applying watermarks.

The dialog box accessed through the font panel button records no permanent changes when sizes, font styles or characteristics (e.g. shadows) are changed. More frustratingly any changes made here do not seem to be applied to the text even when the actual text is highlighted or the "sample text" box are highlighted.

The only time changes seem to take effect, and then only inconsistently, is if I quit/restart PM and add entirely new text to the watermark dialog box.

Glad for any instructions you can provide to resolve this.

Cheers,
Louis Helbig

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Changing Font & Font Sizes in Watermarks
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 08:19:09 AM »
Louis,

I seem to be unable to change the font sizes and characteristics when applying watermarks.

The dialog box accessed through the font panel button records no permanent changes when sizes, font styles or characteristics (e.g. shadows) are changed. More frustratingly any changes made here do not seem to be applied to the text even when the actual text is highlighted or the "sample text" box are highlighted.

The only time changes seem to take effect, and then only inconsistently, is if I quit/restart PM and add entirely new text to the watermark dialog box.

Glad for any instructions you can provide to resolve this.

Could you please tell me what version of Photo Mechanic you're using?
What OS are you running?

-Kirk

Offline egami

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 08:35:28 AM »
OS 10.4.11

PM 4.5.3.1

Cheers, Louis

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 08:51:25 AM »
Louis,

OS 10.4.11

PM 4.5.3.1

The only font related settings that you can set are the color and the font name, all of the rest is automatically calculated to fit each individual photo the watermark is being applied upon.  For example, you cannot make the text italic or outline or force it to 128 pt.  You can make it red and use Arial or some other font.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline egami

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 09:09:03 AM »
thanks