Author Topic: Refering variables  (Read 3293 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Refering variables
« on: April 08, 2008, 09:40:57 PM »
Is there any (public) way to have a variable of the previous/next file in a selection?

I would like to have the text exporter generate me the body of a HTML gallery and for the most part it is quite capable but such a variable would be needed to be linked to point to the previous/next image.

I know PM has some built in HTML templates which I often use but for this purpose I have to stick to the allready used look of the page my images are going to be uploaded.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Refering variables
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:43:05 PM »
Is there any (public) way to have a variable of the previous/next file in a selection?

I would like to have the text exporter generate me the body of a HTML gallery and for the most part it is quite capable but such a variable would be needed to be linked to point to the previous/next image.

I know PM has some built in HTML templates which I often use but for this purpose I have to stick to the allready used look of the page my images are going to be uploaded.

In 4.6 you'll be able to take your own HTML designs and mark them up with Photo Mechanic variables, including some HTML template specific variables that will allow you to reference (link to) the next or previous images.

I have no solution for you in 4.5.x.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:57:39 PM »

In 4.6 you'll be able to take your own HTML designs and mark them up with Photo Mechanic variables, including some HTML template specific variables that will allow you to reference (link to) the next or previous images.

-Kirk

Thanks Kirk it is good to hear that! Is there an estimate for launching 4.6?

Until then I think a code replacement solution exists creating file lists shifted one row so a replacement of a filename would result returning the next filename as a reference.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 10:13:27 PM »

Thanks Kirk it is good to hear that! Is there an estimate for launching 4.6?

I do not have a release date for you.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 11:15:55 PM »
Thanks anyway I look forward to it.
Allways shooting RAW.