Author Topic: FTP vector files  (Read 2725 times)

Offline izgubljeni

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP vector files
« on: April 09, 2008, 03:39:00 AM »
I'm having problems with sending vector files over ftp. I always save my illustrations the same way in EPS 8.0 format. When I open Photo Mechanic the thumbnail sometimes isn't visible (haven't figured out why this happens sometimes, maybe some kind of gradient, mesh,...), the programs says "Unsupported format variant". When that happens I can't upload the files using the ftp.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP vector files
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 07:13:46 AM »
I'm having problems with sending vector files over ftp. I always save my illustrations the same way in EPS 8.0 format. When I open Photo Mechanic the thumbnail sometimes isn't visible (haven't figured out why this happens sometimes, maybe some kind of gradient, mesh,...), the programs says "Unsupported format variant". When that happens I can't upload the files using the ftp.

They would need to be EPS-TIFF (that's an EPS file with a TIFF preview in it.)  Check your settings when you save your files.

-Kirk

Offline izgubljeni

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: FTP vector files
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 01:24:32 PM »
Hm, I thought I always turn that off since it just makes the eps larger (and I need the smallest sizes I get get). I guess I'll have to upload with another ftp then, tnx for the quick answer.

PS: BTW there isn't any problems with sending svg files, even though the preview isn't visible.