Author Topic: Reverse Ingest  (Read 4382 times)

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
Reverse Ingest
« on: May 03, 2008, 08:33:59 AM »
Not sure if this is possible at the moment, I would like PM to ingest images in reverse order, ie the last image first.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Reverse Ingest
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 09:11:10 AM »
Not sure if this is possible at the moment, I would like PM to ingest images in reverse order, ie the last image first.

No, it is not possible.  Please if you can, explain why you would want to do this.

-Kirk

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 03:03:28 PM »
To get the latest images off the card first. Aperture allows any form of sorting before ingest, this can be as simple as capture time, but a click of the triangle arrow can reverse this so that the most recent image is ingested first.

This would be handy for when you have a lot of images on the card, but the most important and time critical images are the last ones you've just shot. If the images could be ingested in reverse order then there would be no need to tag the files (sometimes there isn't enough time for that).

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 12:21:02 AM »
I agree that this could be very handy at times. I know that, when I cover most red carpet events for example, the main stars - and therefore most important images - usually come at the end of the event so a reverse ingest option would be useful.  Not a big deal, but a little touch that would make our favourite app even better.  :)

Cheers,

Paul

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 11:07:03 AM »
I would add to this request the option to ingest files based on capture time (ascending or descending). This way images from more than one camera bodies or even shooters (presume storedin the same folder) could be ingested in capture time order allowing for a time based continous renaming.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com