Author Topic: Send to FTP problem  (Read 2831 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Send to FTP problem
« on: May 20, 2008, 01:46:23 AM »
I try to send JPG versions of CR2 files which PM does quite right but keeps attaching the XMP sidecar files I won't be needing with the JPGs. It would be good to disable it.

My greatest problem is I don't know where does PM start copying at the start of the Send to FTP but it eats up my free space on the Mac I use. When I started uploading I had over 20 GB and after a few aborted tries now I have less than 100 MB and even emptying the trash doesn't help me. And not even the FTP upload can be done this way.
Please tell me where to search for the copied stuff or how to erase them and help me solve this issue somehow.

I use MacBook Pro Santa Rosa 2,2GHz with 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.2, PM version 4.5.3.1
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Send to FTP problem
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 06:42:15 AM »
I try to send JPG versions of CR2 files which PM does quite right but keeps attaching the XMP sidecar files I won't be needing with the JPGs. It would be good to disable it.

My greatest problem is I don't know where does PM start copying at the start of the Send to FTP but it eats up my free space on the Mac I use. When I started uploading I had over 20 GB and after a few aborted tries now I have less than 100 MB and even emptying the trash doesn't help me. And not even the FTP upload can be done this way.
Please tell me where to search for the copied stuff or how to erase them and help me solve this issue somehow.

I use MacBook Pro Santa Rosa 2,2GHz with 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.2, PM version 4.5.3.1

Quitting Photo Mechanic and starting it up again will delete the temporary files.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 07:22:41 AM »

Quitting Photo Mechanic and starting it up again will delete the temporary files.

-Kirk

Thanks for the prompt answer. I will check it out but I am afraid it might went wrong since the system froze unresponsively so I had to completely shut down the MBP and restart it.

Is it possible to cancel PM uploading the XMP files when I tell it to send JPG versions saved from CR2?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 04:24:58 PM »

-Kirk

Thanks for the prompt answer. I will check it out but I am afraid it might went wrong since the system froze unresponsively so I had to completely shut down the MBP and restart it.

Is it possible to cancel PM uploading the XMP files when I tell it to send JPG versions saved from CR2?

No.  I am working on fixing it so that attached files for a RAW image that wouldn't normally be associated with a JPEG will no longer get sent.

-Kirk