Author Topic: Keyword Search  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Martin_E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Keyword Search
« on: May 22, 2008, 05:04:57 AM »
Hi, I am using Photo Mechanic 5.4.3.1 with Windows Vista, I really like the funtionality of the system and use it as part of my workflow. I download my Images in to a Folder structure Year/Month/Location. and use Photo Mechanic to colour code all the Images into Delete, For Client, Processed and the edit the RAW file using Adobe CS3 (ACR).
My question is: How do I correctly Keyword my Images and then Search for them again. I have tried but without success. I would like to be able to search from the Top level (year) Folder down and do a Keyword search for; "Golden Eagle" shots for instance. Sorry for the long request.
Regards,
Martin,

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyword Search
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:19:44 AM »
Martin,

Hi, I am using Photo Mechanic 5.4.3.1 with Windows Vista, I really like the funtionality of the system and use it as part of my workflow. I download my Images in to a Folder structure Year/Month/Location. and use Photo Mechanic to colour code all the Images into Delete, For Client, Processed and the edit the RAW file using Adobe CS3 (ACR).
My question is: How do I correctly Keyword my Images and then Search for them again. I have tried but without success. I would like to be able to search from the Top level (year) Folder down and do a Keyword search for; "Golden Eagle" shots for instance. Sorry for the long request.

Photo Mechanic does not yet have a cataloging feature, so the only search capability is to open a folder and its subfolders into a single contact sheet and then use the "Find" panel (on the Edit menu) to look for keywords.  You can open a folder and its subfolders by right-clicking on a folder in the Navigator (a contextual menu will appear) and then choose one of the two options that open a folder and its subfolders.

Then you can use the Find panel to do your searching.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Martin_E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Keyword Search
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:21:47 AM »
Photo Mechanic does not yet have a cataloging feature, so the only search capability is to open a folder and its subfolders into a single contact sheet and then use the "Find" panel (on the Edit menu) to look for keywords.  You can open a folder and its subfolders by right-clicking on a folder in the Navigator (a contextual menu will appear) and then choose one of the two options that open a folder and its subfolders.

Then you can use the Find panel to do your searching.

HTH,

-Kirk

Hi Kirk, Oh No! I was hoping this function would be available as I urgently need to create a Data Management system that searches from a top level folder. I have 2x 500Gb External Hard Drives full of images and I'm struggling to find specific Images that have been archived. I thought Key Wording was the way to go to create an orderly search system. Do you anticipate cataloging will be incorporated into a future upgrade?
Regards,
Martin,