Author Topic: Saving jpeg problem  (Read 6814 times)

Offline joncrispin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Jon Crispin Photography
Saving jpeg problem
« on: June 15, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »
Hi all,  this might not belong here, but I think it could be a photomechanic issue.  iMac G5 10.4.10, pm 4.5.3.  Open an image in PM, hit the e key and the image opens in PS CS2.  Make slight corrections, and save in PS.  Previously, when opening the file at a later time, it would open in Photoshop.  Lately when opening the image, it opens in Preview.  If I batch change the folder of images to srgb and resave, the files open in PS.  This seems to have started around the time I did a PM upgrade.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Jon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Saving jpeg problem
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 12:23:23 PM »
Hi all,  this might not belong here, but I think it could be a photomechanic issue.  iMac G5 10.4.10, pm 4.5.3.  Open an image in PM, hit the e key and the image opens in PS CS2.  Make slight corrections, and save in PS.  Previously, when opening the file at a later time, it would open in Photoshop.  Lately when opening the image, it opens in Preview.  If I batch change the folder of images to srgb and resave, the files open in PS.  This seems to have started around the time I did a PM upgrade.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Jon

Open up the Preferences dialog and click on the Launching tab.  Assign Photoshop CS2 to edit each image type you work with.

-Kirk

Offline joncrispin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 12:48:47 PM »
Sorry Kirk,  maybe I wasn't clear enough.  If PM is not open, and I double click on a file as describe in the earlier post, it opens in Preview (the Mac program).  If I need to edit in PM, it always launches in PS2. Thanks anyway.  It is probably a Photoshop issue.  Jon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 01:56:44 PM »
Jon,

Sorry Kirk,  maybe I wasn't clear enough.  If PM is not open, and I double click on a file as describe in the earlier post, it opens in Preview (the Mac program).  If I need to edit in PM, it always launches in PS2. Thanks anyway.  It is probably a Photoshop issue.

Use the Finder's Get Info command and then use the Info panel to choose Photoshop CS2 as the application to open that type of file.

That should do it.

-Kirk

Offline joncrispin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 07:03:21 PM »
Kirk, I don't know how this setting got changed.  Probably my a Mac OS update.  But truly, I can't thank you enough.  It was driving me crazy.  I continue to tell all my clients that they MUST use Photomechanic.  It is an amazing program, but it is the support that puts it way above any other application that I have ever used.  You are the best.  Jon