Author Topic: PM 4.4.3.3 Suddenly Crashing during "Save Photos As"  (Read 3691 times)

Offline kbnovak

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Novak Photo
PM 4.4.3.3 Suddenly Crashing during "Save Photos As"
« on: June 22, 2008, 09:01:50 AM »
Kirk,

PM has suddenly started crashing on me when attempting to do "Save Photos As."  I remember downloading and installing the latest Apple updates a few days ago, which included a QuickTime update.  Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

MacBook Pro
OSX 10.4.11
PM 4.4.3.3

Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.4.3.3 Suddenly Crashing during "Save Photos As"
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 10:37:51 AM »
Kevin,

PM has suddenly started crashing on me when attempting to do "Save Photos As."  I remember downloading and installing the latest Apple updates a few days ago, which included a QuickTime update.  Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

MacBook Pro
OSX 10.4.11
PM 4.4.3.3

What file type are you saving from, and what file type are you saving as?

-Kirk

Offline kbnovak

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Novak Photo
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:57:20 PM »
JPG to JPG, trying to resize to fit a certain size box.  It won't even let me enter my desired dimensions before it crashes.

I got your PM and will give it a try later, after I'm done editing some critical files.

Thanks.

Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 05:29:18 PM »
Kevin,

JPG to JPG, trying to resize to fit a certain size box.  It won't even let me enter my desired dimensions before it crashes.

I got your PM and will give it a try later, after I'm done editing some critical files.

I'd guess that the JPEG size estimator thread is crashing.  It may be that the settings on entry to the dialog may cause the bitmap to be scaled really large, thus causing the problem.

I suggest trying the following: Quit PM.  Find the Photo Mechanic preferences file and rename it.  Launch PM again and then attempt your Save as.

You can find the Preferences file in the following location:

<your home folder>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist

HTH,

-Kirk