Author Topic: New sub-folders not appearing in Favorites  (Read 4448 times)

Offline Khatsalano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
New sub-folders not appearing in Favorites
« on: July 01, 2008, 01:26:24 PM »
I have added my ingest destination root folder to the PM Favorites panel.  During ingesting, PM adds a new subfolder to it for today's ingesting.  The new sub-folder shows up in the Navigator panel but not the Favorites panel.  Am I missing something?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: New sub-folders not appearing in Favorites
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:57:05 PM »
I have added my ingest destination root folder to the PM Favorites panel.  During ingesting, PM adds a new subfolder to it for today's ingesting.  The new sub-folder shows up in the Navigator panel but not the Favorites panel.  Am I missing something?

The Favorites panel doesn't automatically update when folder contents change.  Try closing the parent folder and expanding it again.

-Kirk

Offline Khatsalano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 05:39:55 PM »
The entry in Favorites originally had no sub-folders.  The PM ingest created the first sub-folder, which is what is not showing up in Favorites.  Since the Favorites folder has no sub-folders, I can 't close it and reopen it.

As an experiment, I deleted the Favorites folder and re-created it.  I then added a second sub-folder to it, closed and reopened it in favorites and the second sub-folder showed up.  It appears that a first-sub-folder is required to be able to see subsequent sub-folders.  This looks either like a bug or needs to be explained in the manual.

Offline Khatsalano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 05:43:56 PM »
One more item:  I deleted the second sub-folder and closed and re-opened the Favorites folder and the second, now nonexistent, subfolder is still in Favorites.  This definitely seems like a bug.

Offline Khatsalano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 06:46:31 PM »
Never Mind.  I just discovered the Right-click Refresh (F5) command.  It does the right thing.