Author Topic: Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.2 public beta 5 variables  (Read 6310 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.2 public beta 5 variables
« on: July 14, 2008, 11:59:24 AM »
Kirk:

I'm not sure where you want notes posted or sent on the  4.5.3.2 beta  so I put this here. Let me know if they should go elsewhere.

Anyway, I am using the  beta in WinXP Pro SP2.

I have noticed a problems with the variables dialog box when calling it up from the IPTC info screen after hitting the INFO button when viewing an image in a Preview window. After double clicking a variable to enter it into a IPTC field, the variable dialog disappears and cannot be called back by pressing the variable button again. This makes entering more the one variable impossible. The only way to restore the varibale window, is to exit preview mode and go back to the browser.

Also, the variable descriptions, that are shown in the variable list in v4.5.3.1, are not in the list in the beta.

Thanks for working so hard on making PM better. It is already a great product, but the tweaks are welcome.

Mick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.2 public beta 5 variables
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 12:05:07 PM »
Mick,

I have noticed a problems with the variables dialog box when calling it up from the IPTC info screen after hitting the INFO button when viewing an image in a Preview window. After double clicking a variable to enter it into a IPTC field, the variable dialog disappears and cannot be called back by pressing the variable button again. This makes entering more the one variable impossible. The only way to restore the varibale window, is to exit preview mode and go back to the browser.

I will look into this right away.

Quote from: mklass
Also, the variable descriptions, that are shown in the variable list in v4.5.3.1, are not in the list in the beta.

Do you mean that you can't see them in the Variables dialog or somewhere else in the application?  A screen shot might help if you can post one, please.  Use the 'Additional Options...' link when you're responding to this message to upload a JPEG screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 01:49:27 PM »
Mick,

I will look into this right away.

I am able to reproduce the problem and due to the way the Preview window currently works, a fix for this issue is beyond the scope of the 4.5.x version and looks like it will be beyond the scope of the 4.6 version as well.

I will fix this issue when the Preview window is made non-modal in a future version.

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:52:38 PM »
OK. It's an easy workaround to not use the preview window when I need to change the IPTC info by selecting variables from the variable list.

I'm glad you coud reproduce it, though.

Thanks

Mick