Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Printing a Proof sheet with imbedded info?

(1/4) > >>

carla:
Hello again!

Workflow question.

I edit proofs quickly in raw (contrast adjustment) before I send anything out. I make the adjustments in raw and then hit 'done', which saves a sidecar xmp file with those adjustments. If I wanted to run the proof page through cs3 those adjustments would show on the sheet.

Is there any way to have photomechanic integrate that xmp info when it prints proofs? CS3 is hella slow to make a proof sheet - and photomechanic does a way faster and better job. There are ways to get around this, but it would involve a bunch of extra steps (too much time in front of the machine here...)

Please let me know :)

Kirk Baker:
Carla,

--- Quote from: carla on July 14, 2008, 02:19:51 PM ---Workflow question.

I edit proofs quickly in raw (contrast adjustment) before I send anything out. I make the adjustments in raw and then hit 'done', which saves a sidecar xmp file with those adjustments. If I wanted to run the proof page through cs3 those adjustments would show on the sheet.

Is there any way to have photomechanic integrate that xmp info when it prints proofs? CS3 is hella slow to make a proof sheet - and photomechanic does a way faster and better job. There are ways to get around this, but it would involve a bunch of extra steps (too much time in front of the machine here...)

Please let me know :)
--- End quote ---

It should allow you to use any variables you want to use in the Proofs.  What variables are you trying to use?

Do you have PM using an XMP sidecar-only workflow?  Post a screenshot of the IPTC/XMP tab of your Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog and I can look at it and make suggestions for changes if needed.  Use the 'Additional Options...' link while you are composing your response to this message to upload your screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

carla:
Thanks for your help - heres the screencap.

carla:
Wait a sec - I think I see what should change.....

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: carla on July 14, 2008, 07:42:59 PM ---Wait a sec - I think I see what should change.....

--- End quote ---

Your settings need to be changed to read XMP sidecars before embedded IPTC.  See screenshot below.

-Kirk

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version