Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Speed and efficency

(1/2) > >>

Jonzinator:
Greetings...

i have been using PM for some time and I really dont feel that I am working at full potential.    Is there a link or a guide to show recommended workflow for editing several thousand images?  I recall that there was also a hotkey to swap one of the  side by side images.  The manual does not seem to show that shortcut.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help. 

Troy

Kirk Baker:
Troy,

--- Quote from: Jonzinator on July 24, 2008, 10:04:01 AM ---i have been using PM for some time and I really dont feel that I am working at full potential.    Is there a link or a guide to show recommended workflow for editing several thousand images?  I recall that there was also a hotkey to swap one of the  side by side images.  The manual does not seem to show that shortcut.
--- End quote ---

'G' or '/', and it is documented on page 122 of the full manual available from our site.

There is no one best workflow.  It depends on what your final results need to be.  Please explain what you're doing now and what you're trying to accomplish.

-Kirk

Jonzinator:
Thanks for the quick reply.  I swear i read that list a few times.... 

On another thought.

When color coding images for sorting, is there a way this can happen in real time?  I want to apply a color for images to delete.  I have assigned that color to 1.  I have the box checked next to the colors and the color representing 1 is unselected so that it does not show.  But I have to change view and come back or select and unselect the color before I see the results.   

Thanks again!

Troy

mervifwdc:
After tagging a few with a 1, if the filter is set to hide the 1's then all you've to do is hit the question mark key, and it will refresh and apply the filter.

Merv.

Kirk Baker:
Troy,

--- Quote from: Jonzinator on July 24, 2008, 10:37:12 AM ---Thanks for the quick reply.  I swear i read that list a few times.... 

On another thought.

When color coding images for sorting, is there a way this can happen in real time?  I want to apply a color for images to delete.  I have assigned that color to 1.  I have the box checked next to the colors and the color representing 1 is unselected so that it does not show.  But I have to change view and come back or select and unselect the color before I see the results.
--- End quote ---

Press F5 to refresh any filters or to sort again.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version