Author Topic: Adding keywords to multiple images  (Read 3519 times)

Offline MarkMoore

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Adding keywords to multiple images
« on: August 04, 2008, 07:00:05 PM »
I have read the manual and played around with PM, but I am still having a problem with the keywords.

My situation is that I am trying to use PM as my main browser, and add keywords to multiple images. Is there a way to add the same keyword to multiple images at the same time?

I also found that the copyright info embedded in my D300 is not showing up. I'd like to be able to select multiple images and add the same info in one action.

Am I dense, or is there an easy way to handle keywords? Any hints?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adding keywords to multiple images
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 07:47:57 PM »
Mark,

I have read the manual and played around with PM, but I am still having a problem with the keywords.

My situation is that I am trying to use PM as my main browser, and add keywords to multiple images. Is there a way to add the same keyword to multiple images at the same time?

I also found that the copyright info embedded in my D300 is not showing up. I'd like to be able to select multiple images and add the same info in one action.

Am I dense, or is there an easy way to handle keywords? Any hints?

Read up on the IPTC Stationery Pad in the manual, but basically here is how it works:

Select your photos that would have a common set of keywords.  Open the IPTC Stationery Pad from the Image menu.  Type the keywords you want to apply to your photos into the Keywords field.  Make sure you check the '+' checkbox next to the Keywords field so you append these keywords to each photo's current keywords.    Then click on the 'Apply Stationery to Selected' button.

You can also accomplish the same thing with the Keywords panel a bit more interactively if you have sets of keywords already created.  Another way is to use the Structured Keywords panel if you want to apply hierarchically organized sets of keywords to your photos.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Adding keywords to multiple images
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 07:46:12 AM »
MarkMoore, are you entering the Copyright info on the camera?  Then this indeed does not show up in PM as Nikon embeds the Creator and the Copyright notice in the "Creator" and "Rights" exif fields.  PM currently only edits the IPTC/XMP information.

Kirk, perhaps it should be an option to synchronize the Creator and Rights exif-fields with theire IPTC/XMP counterparts?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl