Author Topic: Thumbnail problems  (Read 8023 times)

Offline raoulw

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thumbnail problems
« on: June 27, 2006, 10:27:38 PM »
Am trialing your latest version. OS is WinXP SP2. Camera is Canon 20D.

Am having problems displaying thumbnails at the various sizes:

Slider stops 1,2,3,4 are OK.
Slider stops 5,6,7,8,9,10 the thumbnails are black.
Slider stops 11,12,13,14,15 are OK.
The thumbnail in the IPTC edit window is also black.

This is the case with JPEGs and RAW, however the only difference is with RAW is the slider 5 thumbnail size works and the IPTC edit thumbnail works.

A strange one.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Thumbnail problems
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 01:17:44 AM »
Am trialing your latest version. OS is WinXP SP2. Camera is Canon 20D.

Am having problems displaying thumbnails at the various sizes:

Slider stops 1,2,3,4 are OK.
Slider stops 5,6,7,8,9,10 the thumbnails are black.
Slider stops 11,12,13,14,15 are OK.
The thumbnail in the IPTC edit window is also black.

This is the case with JPEGs and RAW, however the only difference is with RAW is the slider 5 thumbnail size works and the IPTC edit thumbnail works.

A strange one.

Open up the Preferences dialog.  Click on the "Caching" tab.  Set the checkbox titled "Empty cache on quit".  Click OK.  Quit Photo Mechanic.  Launch Photo Mechanic again.

It is likely that this will fix your problem.

-Kirk

Offline raoulw

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 01:35:57 AM »
Open up the Preferences dialog.  Click on the "Caching" tab.  Set the checkbox titled "Empty cache on quit".  Click OK.  Quit Photo Mechanic.  Launch Photo Mechanic again.

-Kirk

I would have liked to have said this solved the problem, but it hasn't. I manually checked to see if the cache is being deleted - and it is - but the problem still remains.

Raoul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 05:49:09 AM »

-Kirk

I would have liked to have said this solved the problem, but it hasn't. I manually checked to see if the cache is being deleted - and it is - but the problem still remains.

Raoul

Hmm.  Interesting.  I have a 20D myself and I have never had the problem you describe.  Unfortunately I am away from my office for a couple of days so my ability to troubleshoot such an issue is limited right now.  If you're still interested in Photo Mechanic then check back on Friday and I'll post on this topic again and we'll see what we can do to figure out what is going wrong.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 10:55:34 PM »

Hmm.  Interesting.  I have a 20D myself and I have never had the problem you describe.  Unfortunately I am away from my office for a couple of days so my ability to troubleshoot such an issue is limited right now.  If you're still interested in Photo Mechanic then check back on Friday and I'll post on this topic again and we'll see what we can do to figure out what is going wrong.

I'm back so if you want to troubleshoot your issue, I'd be happy to help.

-Kirk