Photo Mechanic > Support

printing lists of foto-names and headline

(1/1)

JS:
Hi,

is there a way to print a list with the names and headlines of selected fotos?

Are windows-formatted external harddrives faster than mac-formatted ones?It takes 15 min. to ingest 4 Gb from a cf to a jvc 1,00MHZ + 2,5" ext.harddrive while renaming and applying iptcs,for a Ibook G4 1,25Mhz + 2,5"ext.harddrive it takes 30 min,strange enough for a core duo imac 2,0 Mhz even longer.Any explanation for that?

Best regards
Johann

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: JS on August 11, 2008, 04:00:02 PM ---is there a way to print a list with the names and headlines of selected fotos?
--- End quote ---

Yes.  Use the File->Print->Contact Sheet

Then in the thumbnail title, enter:

{filename}{nl}(headline}

Make sure you give the thumbnails two rows of text with the popup menu.
Then choose how many rows and columns you like, etc.  Then Print it.

--- Quote from: JS ---Are windows-formatted external harddrives faster than mac-formatted ones?It takes 15 min. to ingest 4 Gb from a cf to a jvc 1,00MHZ + 2,5" ext.harddrive while renaming and applying iptcs,for a Ibook G4 1,25Mhz + 2,5"ext.harddrive it takes 30 min,strange enough for a core duo imac 2,0 Mhz even longer.Any explanation for that?
--- End quote ---

What version of Photo Mechanic are you using and what version of Mac OS X are you using?  If you're using Mac OS X 10.5.3 or higher, then you need Photo Mechanic 4.5.3.2 or performance will be an issue.

-Kirk

JS:
Kirk,

thanks for quick reply.But I just want to print the text,not the thumbnails too.
I use MacOs x.4.11.and PM 4.5.3.2.
best regards
Johann

Kirk Baker:
Johann,

--- Quote from: JS on August 12, 2008, 01:37:23 AM ---thanks for quick reply.But I just want to print the text,not the thumbnails too.
--- End quote ---

Then you can use the Text exporter template for this, but you'll have to print it separately.  Open up the Exporter: File->Export.    Choose the Text exporter from the popup menu.  Enter the following text:

{filename}{tab}{headline}{nl}

Then export to a single file.  When it completes, open up the file with TextEdit and print it.

--- Quote from: JS ---I use MacOs x.4.11.and PM 4.5.3.2.
--- End quote ---

I don't know why it would be slower other than Apple seems to be playing around with optimization of file system routines and seem to have slowed some operations down.  This has been quite a headache for us.

-Kirk

JS:
Kirk,

thanks,it works great.I never used this export-function before.When comes Your DAM-Prog?I'm drowning in fotos.
Best regards
johann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version