Author Topic: Serious problem with PM erasing ACR data from sidecar files  (Read 2802 times)

Offline mstamper77

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Serious problem with PM erasing ACR data from sidecar files
« on: September 15, 2008, 04:58:30 PM »
I'm a new photo mechanic user (4.5.3.2) . I have asked PM to update XMP, IPTC and if available, sidecar files. I'm using Mac OS X 10.5, Camera Raw 4.5.0.175

I edit files (both nikon and canon) raw files in Adobe Camera Raw.
Verified that side car files were created.
Verified that changes were recorded in the sidecar file by  reopening the raw files in ACR

I then add keywords to the raw files using PM via the structured keywords panel.

The side car files are immediately reduced in size (I'm watching them in the finder as I write the keywords).
Upon opening the raw files again in ACR, all of the changes have been erased from the sidecar files.

This is bad! Let me know if you need anything further from me to help debug this. Seems like the sidecar is being reinitialized instead of updated.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Serious problem with PM erasing ACR data from sidecar files
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 05:27:09 PM »
I'm a new photo mechanic user (4.5.3.2) . I have asked PM to update XMP, IPTC and if available, sidecar files. I'm using Mac OS X 10.5, Camera Raw 4.5.0.175

I edit files (both nikon and canon) raw files in Adobe Camera Raw.
Verified that side car files were created.
Verified that changes were recorded in the sidecar file by  reopening the raw files in ACR

I then add keywords to the raw files using PM via the structured keywords panel.

The side car files are immediately reduced in size (I'm watching them in the finder as I write the keywords).
Upon opening the raw files again in ACR, all of the changes have been erased from the sidecar files.

This is bad! Let me know if you need anything further from me to help debug this. Seems like the sidecar is being reinitialized instead of updated.

Can you send me an XMP file before and after you have updated it with PM?  Contact me directly by clicking on my name to the left of this message and then click on the 'personal message' link.

Thanks,

-Kirk