Author Topic: IPTC Data disapears after raw processing?  (Read 3482 times)

Offline WMPHOTO

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Data disapears after raw processing?
« on: September 18, 2008, 06:28:12 AM »
I use Canon's Digital Photo for Prefesionals in my work flow. Specifically as a raw processor.
I find that after I have ingested and put a general caption, as well as all of my copywrite info in the iptc data... It disappears after it has been processed into a jpg?
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,

Offline WMPHOTO

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: IPTC Data disapears after raw processing?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 06:29:20 AM »
I guess I should clearify... I ingest with PM and then process the good images with Canon's DPP...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 06:44:43 AM »
I use Canon's Digital Photo for Prefesionals in my work flow. Specifically as a raw processor.
I find that after I have ingested and put a general caption, as well as all of my copywrite info in the iptc data... It disappears after it has been processed into a jpg?
What am I doing wrong?

Other than using DPP?  Nothing.  Canon's DPP to my knowledge doesn't carry IPTC/XMP data forward through image generation.

Photo Mechanic has a tool that will allow you to sync the IPTC/XMP data from your RAW files to your generated JPEGs as long as you pair them up with the same base name as the original RAW file.  The two sets of images don't need to reside in the same folder, (though that is simpler to deal with for you as a user) you just need to open both sets of images into the same contact sheet tab.  Then if RAW+JPEG mode is enabled the two sets of images will pair up and you can use the "Update IPTC/XMP" command on the Tools menu to sync the captions from the RAW file to the JPEG file.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline WMPHOTO

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 06:56:23 AM »
Thanks.