Author Topic: PM 4.5.4 crashes/freezes if PSD in folder  (Read 2120 times)

Offline dell2405

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 4.5.4 crashes/freezes if PSD in folder
« on: December 10, 2008, 11:04:18 PM »
Hello,

I am using PM 4.5.4, Vista SP1, Quicktime 7.5.5, on 2.2ghz laptop with 3gb ram.  Hard disk light will
turn on and PM will become non-responsive to even Windows Task Manager if I open up a folder
with containing any PSD or AVI(movie files from point-and-shoot camera) files.

The computer has to be shut down with the power button because PM freezes computer (Program
not responding message).  I can't even terminate the process or log off the machine. 

What can I do to solve this problem?  I don't want to have to separate PSD/AVI files from the main
directory because I am also using LIGHTROOM to process some of the RAW files.  I read in another thread
that Quicktime and PM don't get along.  Could this be the source of the problem?

Thanks.   

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.5.4 crashes/freezes if PSD in folder
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 06:16:54 AM »
I am using PM 4.5.4, Vista SP1, Quicktime 7.5.5, on 2.2ghz laptop with 3gb ram.  Hard disk light will
turn on and PM will become non-responsive to even Windows Task Manager if I open up a folder
with containing any PSD or AVI(movie files from point-and-shoot camera) files.

The computer has to be shut down with the power button because PM freezes computer (Program
not responding message).  I can't even terminate the process or log off the machine. 

What can I do to solve this problem?  I don't want to have to separate PSD/AVI files from the main
directory because I am also using LIGHTROOM to process some of the RAW files.  I read in another thread
that Quicktime and PM don't get along.  Could this be the source of the problem?

QuickTime is used directly by Photo Mechanic to handle PSD files and AVI files.  They 'get along' just fine for most users.  My suggestion would be to uninstall QuickTime completely and then reinstall QuickTime.  You do have the latest version which is known to be good so reinstall version 7.5.5.

If this doesn't solve your problem, then contact our support folks directly either by email (support@camerabits.com) or by phone (503 547 2888)

HTH,

-Kirk