Author Topic: Shooting information  (Read 11661 times)

Offline william1949

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Shooting information
« on: April 27, 2006, 10:40:36 AM »
Wonderful program - very fast and easy to use.  One thing I'm not sure of is the info section - is it possible to see more of the exif information from the photos (Nikon d50)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Shooting information
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 10:55:54 AM »
Wonderful program - very fast and easy to use.  One thing I'm not sure of is the info section - is it possible to see more of the exif information from the photos (Nikon d50)

Yes, you can completely customize what appears in the Info text pane of the Preview window (and in the Info tooltips in the Contact Sheet.)  Just goto Edit->Set Info Text...

You can add any of the numerous variables to the Info Text.  Click on the Variables... button.  Depending on what OS you are running on, you will either get a floating panel, or a drawer with the variables in it.  When you select a variable, the top area will describe the function of the variable.  Double-clicking a variable will paste it into the Info Text dialog for you.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline william1949

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 08:43:39 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  That is what I was after....any way to add others (such as Saturation - or others not in the list)

Bill

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:41:52 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  That is what I was after....any way to add others (such as Saturation - or others not in the list)

If a variable does not exist then there is no way to add the information.  Please feel free to suggest new variables that you would like (you don't need to make up a variable name, just describe what you want to be able to see) on the Feature Requests board.

Thanks,

-Kirk