Author Topic: dng color shift  (Read 2462 times)

Offline ejberl

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
dng color shift
« on: February 22, 2009, 08:45:49 AM »
Hello,

I am currently running on PM 4.5.4 on a Mac OSX 10.4.11. I recently bought a Canon 5dMK II which requires that you convert RAW images to DNG's in order to edit them with photoshop CS3. I used the Adobe DNG convertor 5.2 to convert into DNG's but when I open all the files in Photo Mechanic the original RAWs look correct, but the DNG files show a severe color shift (very blue or magenta so far). When I open the DNG's in Photoshop the images appears with the same color shift.

Why do the original RAWS appear correctly and the DNG's do not? I ingest using PM, is there a setting for ingest I have to change?

Also, I have the camera set to sRGB, but when I open in Photoshop it says it's a AdobeRGB1998, does that have anything to do with ingesting in PM?

Thank you very much for your time. I apologize if this issue is super obvious or not PM related. Thanks again!

-emily

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: dng color shift
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:17:43 AM »
Emily,

I am currently running on PM 4.5.4 on a Mac OSX 10.4.11. I recently bought a Canon 5dMK II which requires that you convert RAW images to DNG's in order to edit them with photoshop CS3. I used the Adobe DNG convertor 5.2 to convert into DNG's but when I open all the files in Photo Mechanic the original RAWs look correct, but the DNG files show a severe color shift (very blue or magenta so far). When I open the DNG's in Photoshop the images appears with the same color shift.

Why do the original RAWS appear correctly and the DNG's do not? I ingest using PM, is there a setting for ingest I have to change?

Also, I have the camera set to sRGB, but when I open in Photoshop it says it's a AdobeRGB1998, does that have anything to do with ingesting in PM?

I just checked Adobe's site and you're definitely using the latest version of the DNG Converter.  So I don't really know what is going on.  Maybe if you can send us a sample we can look into it. Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk

Offline camerauk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »
Just a thought I am sure the latest raw converter can only be used with CS4 and not with CS3 maybe this is the problem

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 11:06:29 AM »
Just a thought I am sure the latest raw converter can only be used with CS4 and not with CS3 maybe this is the problem

I don't think so.  The DNG Converter is a separate product and doesn't even require Photoshop to be installed.

-Kirk