Author Topic: PM 4.6 build-in FTP-Client  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Jan

• View Profile
PM 4.6 build-in FTP-Client
« on: February 28, 2009, 07:57:11 AM »
Hello,

today I have used Photo Mechanics 4.6 productive an I got several problems with the built-in FTP-Client.
Besides the SHIFT-u problematic with PM 4.6, my editing window pauses for round about 15 sec after sending the file to ftp, till I could do any new actions like scrolling through the files or zoom in.

The second thing is that I got several Error messages like "Warning: Upload to user@domain has stalled..." my umts connection to the Internet was working fine. Is there a way that I could ignore these warnings so I don't need to press okay every file ?

Finaly Is there maybe a chance the Camerabits will bring a Version without different Upload directions  and only just FTP for the kind of People who just need this. Maybe it could be done via plugins, if someone needs Photoshelter or Amazon upload he just got the plugin and everything is fine ? I just want to send my files as fast as ftp can. Sometimes the build-in ftp-client is half the time slower then for example filezilla or cuteftp

Thx

Best regards
Philip

Offline Jan

• View Profile
Re: PM 4.6 build-in FTP-Client
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 11:51:26 AM »
Hello,

I don't know if I am the only one with this kind of lag during FTP Operations. I have just switched back to 4.5.4 because i could not work with 4.6 the CPU is running on 100% when i send files via FTP and i can't do any other operation or scroll through the files. I am a bit disapointed that i spend the money for the upgrade to 4.6. I only hope that the performance lag will be gone in 4.6.1.

Philipp

PS. I am running PM on

Microsoft Windows XP Professional german
5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
Microsoft Corporation
Eigenständige Arbeitsstation
Multiprocessor Free
Turion 64X2 with 1.6GHz
2 Gigabite RAM
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:13:20 PM by Faas »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 03:04:53 PM »
Philipp,

Hello,

I don't know if I am the only one with this kind of lag during FTP Operations. I have just switched back to 4.5.4 because i could not work with 4.6 the CPU is running on 100% when i send files via FTP and i can't do any other operation or scroll through the files. I am a bit disapointed that i spend the money for the upgrade to 4.6. I only hope that the performance lag will be gone in 4.6.1.

Philipp

PS. I am running PM on

Microsoft Windows XP Professional german
5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
Microsoft Corporation
Eigenständige Arbeitsstation
Multiprocessor Free
Turion 64X2 with 1.6GHz
2 Gigabite RAM

Can you send us the PM.log file on your system?  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 01:15:38 AM »
Hello Kirk,

is it possible that the upload indicator on the files causes these high cpu load ? I use PM on an HP Notbook x6325 which has only a small video card.

Philipp