Author Topic: Rename/Save sequence numbers  (Read 3146 times)

Offline steve_fine

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rename/Save sequence numbers
« on: March 02, 2009, 05:39:13 PM »
Kirk-

recently I had to a bunch of projects where I needed to save a sequence of photos (say save_0001 etc) and
then wanted to easily rearrange a few by hand (rename to put in order)  I would have really liked a feature
in the sequence to have a step.  I used this on several common file utilities.  SO, in the sequence dialogue, it would
be nice to have a 'step size' to say  save_0000  sequence starts with 1, and step 10  to get filenames like
save_0001, save_0011......

thanks for considering this.
And yes, I love PM etc.. and 4.6 looks great.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rename/Save sequence numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
Kirk-

recently I had to a bunch of projects where I needed to save a sequence of photos (say save_0001 etc) and
then wanted to easily rearrange a few by hand (rename to put in order)  I would have really liked a feature
in the sequence to have a step.  I used this on several common file utilities.  SO, in the sequence dialogue, it would
be nice to have a 'step size' to say  save_0000  sequence starts with 1, and step 10  to get filenames like
save_0001, save_0011......

thanks for considering this.
And yes, I love PM etc.. and 4.6 looks great.

You do know that you can put your Contact Sheet in Arrangement mode and rearrange the photos without renaming them, right?

Then if you want to, you can select them all and rename them so that their Filename order matches their Arrangement order.

-Kirk

Offline steve_fine

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Rename/Save sequence numbers
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 06:15:56 PM »
Kirk-

Yes, I know you can do that....
But the real use case (sorry) is that after doing all this, I still had some pictures to add to the
collection, and wanted to be able to place them where I wanted.
The final result was I was making a slide show in some external software.  It was nice to
be able to just select them all, and drag them into the other program, all in order.

It just made what I was doing easier.