Author Topic: Disappearing star ratings  (Read 3360 times)

Offline ebmarketa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Disappearing star ratings
« on: March 10, 2009, 04:25:11 PM »
Hello,

I just noticed that my star ratings in nef files disappear after I close PM and then re-open it. At first I blamed Capture NX2 but it happens even when I don't use it. I just tested this several times: add a star rating to a nef file, close PM, and when I reopen it the star rating is gone. The jpg star ratings seem to persist, and the nef star ratings I did with the earlier version of PM. Color categories also stay. The IPTC information in both jpg and nef files stays put. This started happening after I upgraded to PM 4.6 - had no problems before that. I have Windows XP. I think I have the correct defaults selected - writing IPTC, XMP etc always to all files, and adding embedded IPTC and xmp to nef files. I checked in Windows Explorer and there are no xmp files present with my images.

Help please!

Marketa

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Re: Disappearing star ratings
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 04:34:36 PM »
I also noticed something strange with star ratings on my Nef files, I'll add a star rating to a photo and then if I add a color label to the photo the star rating disappears. This happens randomly, sometimes the star rating disappears after adding a color label and sometimes it doesn't. This never happened in PM 4.5.4. 

I'm using Windows XP SP3
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline ebmarketa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 05:04:19 PM »
I have the same problem with color rating wiping out the star rating in PM 4.6..

I have gone back to PM 4.5 and everything works as it should, even though my preferences are exactly the same.

Marketa

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 06:09:15 PM »
Marketa, Ron,

I have the same problem with color rating wiping out the star rating in PM 4.6..

I have gone back to PM 4.5 and everything works as it should, even though my preferences are exactly the same.

These problems should be solved in the 4.6.1 update.  We plan to make the beta release of it quite soon.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 01:39:21 PM »
The 4.6.1 beta has fixed my disappearing stars problem.

Thanks,
Ron
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog