Author Topic: Question about sorting with modification time  (Read 2257 times)

Offline lucasjackson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Question about sorting with modification time
« on: September 08, 2013, 08:42:29 AM »
So my standard workflow in PM 4.6.x was to edit my transmit files in a folder that was sorted by reverse modification time in order to see all the most recently edited photos first. In that version when I edited the captions of these files they would not re-sort themselves as I went but only when I pushed the sort button after I did most/all of the captioning. Now in PM 5.x the window autosorts so every time I put a caption into a file it automatically jumps to the top of the page necessitating me to scroll through the sort to find where I was and start captioning files that I haven't modified again. Is there a way to turn the automatic sorting off so that the window only sorts the images when I want it to?

Thanks, Lucas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Question about sorting with modification time
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 09:44:40 AM »
Lucas,

So my standard workflow in PM 4.6.x was to edit my transmit files in a folder that was sorted by reverse modification time in order to see all the most recently edited photos first. In that version when I edited the captions of these files they would not re-sort themselves as I went but only when I pushed the sort button after I did most/all of the captioning. Now in PM 5.x the window autosorts so every time I put a caption into a file it automatically jumps to the top of the page necessitating me to scroll through the sort to find where I was and start captioning files that I haven't modified again. Is there a way to turn the automatic sorting off so that the window only sorts the images when I want it to?

Is this sorting happening when you leave the IPTC Info dialog, or while you're still within it?

-Kirk