Author Topic: navigation options  (Read 3142 times)

Offline pmathew

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
navigation options
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:50:17 AM »
I've just downloaded the version 4.6 demo hoping that there would be an option change the navigator view to  date order instead of folder name (I've asked for this before) .... but unfortunately there's not :(
If I go to "open contact sheet"  I get the option of viewing by date modified (mac os10.5.5) but thats no good for folders that get updated. I dont know why the mac OS doesnt have different view options in their file open dialogue (I've requested it there too)
Is there a work around for this problem? If its not possible to have a date created view of the navigator could there be some way of opening PM contact sheets directly from my finder?

Thanks

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: navigation options
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 03:58:44 AM »
Is there a work around for this problem? If its not possible to have a date created view of the navigator could there be some way of opening PM contact sheets directly from my finder?

Sure there is!
CMD+N opens a new (empty) contact sheet in PM switch to Finder and drag your folder onto the empty contactsheet.

After installing PM there is a handy addon with the PM.dng in the folder Extras. Install the PM context menu enabling your finder to have an option to Open folders in PM from the more option of the right click menu.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:03:36 PM by szurkebarat »
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline pmathew

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 06:21:30 AM »
Thanks, that works great.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 09:06:17 PM »
On the Mac you can also open a new contact sheet by clicking on the plus sign (+) to the right from the already open contact sheets, but the shortcut may be faster and easyer.

On Windows I couldn't open up an empty contact sheet but the right click menu of PM is installed automatically so it can be used.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com