Author Topic: Slow switchover from PM to PS on Powerbook G4  (Read 4636 times)

Offline dminehart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Slow switchover from PM to PS on Powerbook G4
« on: July 24, 2006, 04:43:59 PM »
One of our Powerbook G4 (OS X 10.3.9, 1GB RAM, 50GB free disk space) users finds that the opening of a file in Photoshop CS from PM 3.2.2 is now taking a very long time . . . up to a minute. The switch can often be speeded up by clicking on the Photoshop window after initiating the switchover. This problem started within the past month or two, and coincides with other functions on the computer seeming slower.

I've flushed all caches, repaired permissions, and run DiskWarrior, but the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Slow switchover from PM to PS on Powerbook G4
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 04:51:28 PM »
One of our Powerbook G4 (OS X 10.3.9, 1GB RAM, 50GB free disk space) users finds that the opening of a file in Photoshop CS from PM 3.2.2 is now taking a very long time . . . up to a minute. The switch can often be speeded up by clicking on the Photoshop window after initiating the switchover. This problem started within the past month or two, and coincides with other functions on the computer seeming slower.

I've flushed all caches, repaired permissions, and run DiskWarrior, but the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions?

My only recommendation is to try version 4.4.3.1 which is far more modern than 3.2.2 and see if it works better.  Version 3.2.x is about three years old now.

The 3.2.x versions of Photo Mechanic are no longer maintained.

-Kirk