Author Topic: caption drop down Problem  (Read 1760 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
caption drop down Problem
« on: May 18, 2009, 08:24:18 AM »
When I click on an item in the caption drop down menu it ADDS it to the old caption - it should replace it - should it not? Too many time I realive later my uploaded image has the caption I selected as well as a caption from a prior shoot.

Actually I would like a new feature tied to this. - IF apply IPTC is checked in "Save as" & "Upload" the IPTC window should pop up to be confirmed. Some times I forget that I havn't set this info yet for this group of images then need to redo the process.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: caption drop down Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:43:47 AM »
When I click on an item in the caption drop down menu it ADDS it to the old caption - it should replace it - should it not? Too many time I realive later my uploaded image has the caption I selected as well as a caption from a prior shoot.

No.  The caption field popup menu always inserts the text at the position of the cursor.  That is by design.

Quote from: JAS Photo
Actually I would like a new feature tied to this. - IF apply IPTC is checked in "Save as" & "Upload" the IPTC window should pop up to be confirmed. Some times I forget that I havn't set this info yet for this group of images then need to redo the process.

I suppose that could be a preference somewhere, but many people would not welcome that intrusion.

-Kirk