Author Topic: problems with lightroom and color class  (Read 5179 times)

Offline eja

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
problems with lightroom and color class
« on: May 26, 2009, 09:38:45 AM »
Here are my settings for pm. I can't get it to recognize the stars or the color class.  I'm using Os 10.4.11 and PM version4.6.1 and Lightroom version 2.3

1.tiff and 2.tiff.

3.tiff are the Lightroom settings.

Any help would be appreciated.  I read one thread and tried to set my version up as noted, but I must be missing something.

Thanks

EJ

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:41:01 AM by eja »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: problems with lightroom and color class
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »
EJ,

Here are my settings for pm. I can't get it to recognize the stars or the color class.  I'm using Os 10.4.11 and PM version4.6.1 and Lightroom version 2.3

1.tiff and 2.tiff.

3.tiff are the Lightroom settings.

Any help would be appreciated.  I read one thread and tried to set my version up as noted, but I must be missing something.

Is Lightroom producing updated XMP sidecar files for your RAW files?  What file types are you working with?

-Kirk

Offline eja

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 07:39:54 PM »
Well, I"m not sure how to tell if LR is producing the updated sidecar files.  I am working with Nikon NEF files.  After some fiddling I am now able to get the color class to recognize be recognized in LR.  I had to tell it to read the new IPTC/XMP data.  I'll have to check on the star rating tomorow.

Thanks

EJ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 09:03:19 PM »
EJ,

Well, I"m not sure how to tell if LR is producing the updated sidecar files.  I am working with Nikon NEF files.  After some fiddling I am now able to get the color class to recognize be recognized in LR.  I had to tell it to read the new IPTC/XMP data.  I'll have to check on the star rating tomorow.

All you need to do is use the Finder to check to see if an XMP sidecar file corresponding to a NEF file you changed in LR exists and the date of the file seems reasonable.  If it doesn't exist or is older than expected, then you need to get LR to create/update the XMP sidecar file.

-Kirk

Offline eja

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »
Ok, I got the problem solved with color class on my desktop.  On my laptop however I can't get it to work.  I have the same settings as described in the manual and still no luck.  When I update color class in lightroom it is recognized in pm, but not the other way around.  When I tell LR to read the new metadata, it doesn't appear to be reading it.  I look on the LR metadata display and it still shows the old Label and not the new ones I created to match LR.

Yes, I tried reverting in PM and deleting xmp/iptc data, but that didn't work.  Any suggestions?

laptop has 20.4.11 and PM 4.6.1

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 05:41:39 PM »
Ok, I got the problem solved with color class on my desktop.  On my laptop however I can't get it to work.  I have the same settings as described in the manual and still no luck.  When I update color class in lightroom it is recognized in pm, but not the other way around.  When I tell LR to read the new metadata, it doesn't appear to be reading it.  I look on the LR metadata display and it still shows the old Label and not the new ones I created to match LR.

Yes, I tried reverting in PM and deleting xmp/iptc data, but that didn't work.  Any suggestions?

laptop has 10.4.11 and PM 4.6.1

Could you post screenshots of your General, Files, and IPTC/XMP tabs in the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog?  Use the 'Additional Options...' link while creating your reply and you can upload JPEG images.

-Kirk