Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Uploading iptc codes

(1/2) > >>

bkirsch:
I have downloaded iptc code sets and need to upload them into PM. Can't seem to find a way to do this. Help anyone?

Hayo Baan:
What do you mean with IPTC code sets? Do you mean keywords perhaps? Those you can import and export from the keywords panel.

bkirsch:
I'm talking about the information sets that populate the "genre, scene, subject code, category, supp. category", etc.

Hayo Baan:
Ah, those  :)

Well if the sets are in the right format (i.e., text files with each entry on a separate line), then importing them is done the same way for each.

In the IPTC dialogue (does not matter if it is the stationary dialogue or not), simply:

* click the down arrow button next to the field for which you want to import the set,
* choose edit xxxx,
* in the resulting window, click the import button and browse to the text file containing the set.
Note: the text files most likely have to be in UTF-8 encoding for PM to recognise special characters like accents and other things.

Hope this helps

frog:

--- Quote from: Hayo Baan on June 25, 2009, 08:30:50 AM ---Ah, those  :)

Well if the sets are in the right format (i.e., text files with each entry on a separate line), then importing them is done the same way for each.

In the IPTC dialogue (does not matter if it is the stationary dialogue or not), simply:

* click the down arrow button next to the field for which you want to import the set,
* choose edit xxxx,
* in the resulting window, click the import button and browse to the text file containing the set.
Note: the text files most likely have to be in UTF-8 encoding for PM to recognise special characters like accents and other things.

Hope this helps

--- End quote ---

Can you do something opposite?
I'm considering disabling edit of some IPTC fields and choosing values from pre-populated drop down lists.
Do you think I could do this by writing some script/extension?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version