Author Topic: B&W preview mode  (Read 2750 times)

Offline hughlook

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
B&W preview mode
« on: December 16, 2009, 12:46:19 AM »
Hi,

First, PM is a great piece of software and I use it all the time to manage my photographs. I use Nikon DSLRs, working in raw all the time. PP is split evenly between Capture NX2 and Photoshop CS3.

There is one additional feature I would find very helpful: I alternate between colour and black and white work, and it would be great to have a quite way to preview a raw image in b&w. I can't always judge whether a picture would work better in b&w, and a way of toggling (even if it's only to desaturate) would give me a quick idea before importing into an editor and going through the necessary steps there. Doesn't have to be anything complicated, but it would save me quite some time each week. I'd pay a small premium for this.

Thanks,

Hugh

Offline badbluesman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: B&W preview mode
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 03:09:33 PM »
Here Here!  I have requested this feature twice in the last two years.  It should be very simple to add it to the next release.  Let's hope others join us in pleading our case and that our message is heard by the developers.

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
Re: B&W preview mode
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 06:56:58 AM »
If implemented, I'd like it to also be able to show previews/thumbnails of JPEG images in B/W (i.e. not just RAW images)