Author Topic: selective ingest technique  (Read 2148 times)

Offline gdpaige

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
selective ingest technique
« on: July 19, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »
I am rather new to PM, and am having trouble determining how to ingest images from a camera memory card selectively--that is, pick those to be ingested and ignore others. Part of the problem is that I cannot seem to find a way to display (preview) the card's contents after selecting the card but before actual ingestion in order to select a portion of them, if that would even work. Any guidance would be welcomed. Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: selective ingest technique
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 12:33:10 PM »
I am rather new to PM, and am having trouble determining how to ingest images from a camera memory card selectively--that is, pick those to be ingested and ignore others. Part of the problem is that I cannot seem to find a way to display (preview) the card's contents after selecting the card but before actual ingestion in order to select a portion of them, if that would even work. Any guidance would be welcomed. Thanks.

Photo Mechanic currently does not offer a selective version of its Ingest function.

You can instead browse the card and use the Copy Photos command on the File menu.

-Kirk