Author Topic: FTP problems out of PM 4.6.1  (Read 3536 times)

Offline cecilc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP problems out of PM 4.6.1
« on: July 24, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »
Hi all .....

In previous versions of PM I could FTP right out of PM with no problem ....
But now, in this version, every time I try to FTP I get an error message of, "Could not make connection to server."
NOTHING in the Connections dialog box has changed over the last year - the FTP location is the same; my id and password have not changed over the year - and I've had no problems using the FTP function until right now .... and the only thing that's changed has been the 4.6.1 numbers. Everything else has remained the same .....
I CAN upload using a separate FTP program, so I know the log-in information is correct .... PM is just not making the connection.

Any suggestions or help is more than appreciated !

Cecil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP problems out of PM 4.6.1
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:59:17 AM »
Cecil,

In previous versions of PM I could FTP right out of PM with no problem ....
But now, in this version, every time I try to FTP I get an error message of, "Could not make connection to server."
NOTHING in the Connections dialog box has changed over the last year - the FTP location is the same; my id and password have not changed over the year - and I've had no problems using the FTP function until right now .... and the only thing that's changed has been the 4.6.1 numbers. Everything else has remained the same .....
I CAN upload using a separate FTP program, so I know the log-in information is correct .... PM is just not making the connection.

Try deleting the Connection Setting for that account and create a new one.

-Kirk

Offline cecilc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:02:31 AM »
Cecil,

Try deleting the Connection Setting for that account and create a new one.

-Kirk

Kirk ....

Actually, I'd already done that .... I had that connection setting under a different name, but I deleted that one and created a new one with the same settings. Unfortunately, it had no effect - still got the same error message. Which prompted me to come here, since I couldn't figure it out ....

Offline cecilc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 11:14:36 AM »
A couple of images of the connections pages:

I should also say that, in the bottom image, there IS a destination and there IS a password in those boxes - I just removed that information here ....
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:49:05 PM by cecilc »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 01:59:02 PM »
A couple of images of the connections pages:

I should also say that, in the bottom image, there IS a destination and there IS a password in those boxes - I just removed that information here ....

OK, well the only thing I can offer is for you to send me your connection settings privately and I'll try them out on our end and see what the problem is.  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  There you can send me your settings privately.

-Kirk