Author Topic: Problem with apply stationary pad  (Read 3601 times)

Offline reefer

• View Profile
Problem with apply stationary pad
« on: April 24, 2009, 01:46:58 PM »
Hi,

I have a slight problem in that when I select an image on the contact sheet and then press 'I' as the shortcut to bring up the IPTC pad and then click 'apply stationary pad'  I find I always get an old IPTC template used.

I have to manually browse to the IPT file I need and load it.

Images that are auto ingested from a CF card are fine, just an issue when using the 'apply stationary button'. The IPTC file that keeps appearing when I click this button is long gone, I don't have it on my hard drive.

FYI ...

Mac OS X 10.5.6
PM Version 4.5.4
New unibody Macbook Pro

This issue only affects this MBP which is about a month old, the same combo of OS and PM are also used on a white macbook with no issues at all. Screen shot below but not sure that it helps at all ?

Many thanks,

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline reefer

• View Profile
Re: Problem with apply stationary pad
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 07:01:29 AM »
Anyone able to assist on this, I'm still having the same problem with the old template appearing... regardless of the fact I have a new template setup for every event I cover.

Cheers,

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:14:37 AM »
Anyone able to assist on this, I'm still having the same problem with the old template appearing... regardless of the fact I have a new template setup for every event I cover.

Is this only on RTF files?  Photo Mechanic doesn't support captioning RTF files.

On other file types (photos) what happens if you use the IPTC Stationery Pad directly instead of using the IPTC Info dialog?

-Kirk

Offline reefer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 10:17:30 AM »
That pic showing an RTF file was my mistake, it is also a 'fault' on jpg files.

The only way I can get the current IPTC onto the images is either via the card ingest or by loading it in manually via the 'load' button on the IPTC info dialog.

If I click on 'IPTC Stationery Pad' I get the IPTC info from way back, in fact it's the original IPTC info that I made for the event I did after I installed PM on this Mac. For some reason it thinks this old file is the one that needs to be 'stamped' on the file.

Hopefully this is clear ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 11:18:41 AM »

The only way I can get the current IPTC onto the images is either via the card ingest or by loading it in manually via the 'load' button on the IPTC info dialog.

If I click on 'IPTC Stationery Pad' I get the IPTC info from way back, in fact it's the original IPTC info that I made for the event I did after I installed PM on this Mac. For some reason it thinks this old file is the one that needs to be 'stamped' on the file.

What happens if you Load from within the IPTC Stationery Pad and then apply it to your selected photos?

-Kirk

Offline reefer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »

What happens if you Load from within the IPTC Stationery Pad and then apply it to your selected photos?

-Kirk

Unfortunately I still get the same problem.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 10:14:59 AM »

Unfortunately I still get the same problem.

But does the IPTC Stationery Pad appear to have the data in all of the fields that you expect?  When you apply to your files, do the file's sizes change, date stamps change?

-Kirk