Author Topic: Color blocks at lower right  (Read 8216 times)

Offline BrentB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Color blocks at lower right
« on: July 31, 2006, 12:48:02 PM »
Just downloaded demo. Read the modest help file and didn't find (or missed) reference to what these color squares do.
I couldn't get them to attach to any thumbs.

I was hoping I could select multiple images and attach color code to the entire selection. Is that possible?

Thanks,

b

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color blocks at lower right
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:28:22 PM »
Brent,

Just downloaded demo. Read the modest help file and didn't find (or missed) reference to what these color squares do.
I couldn't get them to attach to any thumbs.

I was hoping I could select multiple images and attach color code to the entire selection. Is that possible?

Yes, quite possible.  The UI widget you are referring to is a filter to allow you to choose what Color Classes are visible and what are not visible.

To change the Color Class on a single photo just click in the "dotty" area below the thumbnail title and a menu will appear.  You can then choose the Color Class for that photo.  There are keyboard shortcuts for bulk Color Class assignment (see the Edit menu's "Set Color Class" submenu for more info.)

There is a full user manual (Mac specific currently, but over 90% applies also to the Windows version).  See the Announcements section for the download link.

Feel free to ask more questions.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline BrentB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 04:17:56 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I see the keyboard shortcuts, but when I select a bunch of thumbs and apply one of them, none of them change,

I then figured out that they can be applied only in the full-view window. But it doesn't seem to be a way to select a group of pics and apply a color label. Is that so?

It's an impressively fast program, by the way.

I'm experimenting on inputting IPTC information it it, rather than iView. Would you know if there exists a document that maps your Stationery Pad fields with iView's? I found, for instance, that your "special instructions" goes to their "instructions," but they have no corollary to your transmission reference that I can see.

Thanks,
Brent

Offline BrentB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 04:23:18 PM »
Addendum to above:

When I returned to the still-open PM after writing that post, I found none of the drop-down menus in thumb view worked. Nothing dropped, period.

I closed and reopened PM, and not only did the menus work, but also the multiple selection and re-labeling. Who knows, but I'm glad to have found this.

Another (replacement) question: What is the blank box to the left of the check box (lower right, next to color blocks)?

Thanks,

Brent

Offline BrentB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 04:26:06 PM »
Further addendum,

While in thumb view I can select multiple pics and assign a label using the dropdown menu, I can't do it using the keyboard shortcuts.

The key-shortcuts only work on a single image in the non-thumb view window.

That the way it's supposed to work?

thanks,

Brent

Offline BrentB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 04:27:35 PM »
Ignore previous post. As you know, it does work. I think I need a break, and will take one.

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 04:33:35 PM »
Another (replacement) question: What is the blank box to the left of the check box (lower right, next to color blocks)?

I'm not sure what you're describing.  How about posting a screen shot?  You can use the "Additional Options..." button at the bottom of the reply interface when you create your response.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline BrentB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 08:31:04 AM »
Here's what I have at lower rightof window.

Regards,

b

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 08:38:47 AM »
Here's what I have at lower rightof window.

That's a progress bar.  You'll see it animate when PM is sorting, tagging, etc.

-Kirk

Offline BrentB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 08:53:53 AM »
Thanks. I've downloaded the catalog so I'll read it and probably bother you less in future.
b