Author Topic: problem with contact sheets  (Read 5372 times)

Offline gocuse

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
problem with contact sheets
« on: August 03, 2006, 09:56:02 AM »
Hello, I work in position where I support a photographer, so let me lead off this post by saying that I have not experienced this problem myself.

The photographer is using Mac OS X 10.4.7 and PM 4.4.3.

Today, she said that she opened a contact sheet to view photos from a Lexar card. Then, she wanted to look at another card, so she closed the contact sheet and ejected the card. Then, she inserted a new card and opened a new contact sheet. The new contact sheet showed images from the first card mixed with images from the second card.

Is there some sort of cache function that's interfering here? I apologize for the secondhand nature of this account.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: problem with contact sheets
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 11:19:11 AM »
Hello, I work in position where I support a photographer, so let me lead off this post by saying that I have not experienced this problem myself.

The photographer is using Mac OS X 10.4.7 and PM 4.4.3.

Today, she said that she opened a contact sheet to view photos from a Lexar card. Then, she wanted to look at another card, so she closed the contact sheet and ejected the card. Then, she inserted a new card and opened a new contact sheet. The new contact sheet showed images from the first card mixed with images from the second card.

Is there some sort of cache function that's interfering here? I apologize for the secondhand nature of this account.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

She needs to unmount the card using the Finder.  Otherwise the OS does not detect that the card has changed.  Because the OS caches large amounts of disk data, the old directory contents and images were provided to Photo Mechanic by the OS.

She can just switch out to the Finder and then use it to Eject the card.  Once the card disappears from the desktop it is safe to insert the next card.

HTH,

-Kirk