Author Topic: Setting up Snapshots in the Keyword Panel  (Read 3441 times)

Offline nmf

• View Profile
Setting up Snapshots in the Keyword Panel
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:51:41 AM »
I'm currently setting up snapshots in the Keyword Panel. Unfortunately the task involves creating lists of competitors for various teams so I can select the relevant ones for each set of images I wish to keyword at an event. These snapshots then need to be synched in other computers, both Mac (OSX 10.5 / Photo Mechanic v4.5.4) and Windows XP (Photo Mechanic v4.6.1).

Is there any way this can be done without the need for typing each list of names into each computer ? I can't see a way of importing such lists though that doesn't mean anything ! I have tried pasting the list, with the names separated by a comma, into the Add "box" but that just copies itself into one line of the main keyword dialog. I can create a master list and then select from that but firstly it creates a possibility for error if a name is missed and secondly it will still involve a lot of work as that list still has to be typed into each computer.

If the lists can be exported / imported in any way that would be great and the list could also form the basis of the Code Replacement lists without too much additional work.

Thank you for your assistance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Setting up Snapshots in the Keyword Panel
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 12:19:12 PM »
I'm currently setting up snapshots in the Keyword Panel. Unfortunately the task involves creating lists of competitors for various teams so I can select the relevant ones for each set of images I wish to keyword at an event. These snapshots then need to be synched in other computers, both Mac (OSX 10.5 / Photo Mechanic v4.5.4) and Windows XP (Photo Mechanic v4.6.1).

Is there any way this can be done without the need for typing each list of names into each computer ? I can't see a way of importing such lists though that doesn't mean anything ! I have tried pasting the list, with the names separated by a comma, into the Add "box" but that just copies itself into one line of the main keyword dialog. I can create a master list and then select from that but firstly it creates a possibility for error if a name is missed and secondly it will still involve a lot of work as that list still has to be typed into each computer.

If the lists can be exported / imported in any way that would be great and the list could also form the basis of the Code Replacement lists without too much additional work.

Thank you for your assistance.

Photo Mechanic 4.6.1 (well 4.6.x and higher) can export/import all kinds of settings from one system to another.  You should put 4.6.1 on your Mac OS X machine first.  Then from the Preferences dialog, click on the Export button and choose the settings you wish to export.  Then copy the export file to your other system.  Use the Import button on your other system.

HTH,

-Kirk