Author Topic: Color printing problems with HP Business Inkjet 2800  (Read 6291 times)

Offline stevephotos1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Color printing problems with HP Business Inkjet 2800
« on: October 08, 2009, 02:37:04 PM »
Hi,
I'm running Windows XP on a PC and just installed a new HP Business Inkjet 2800. Everything I print through Photo Mechanic comes out with a very heavy blue tint. When printing through other programs (Photoshop, Firefox, Paint) the color is fine.
I've tried changing the 'output only' color profiles in the printing dialogue box but nothing works.
Any suggestions to fix the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color printing problems with HP Business Inkjet 2800
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »
I'm running Windows XP on a PC and just installed a new HP Business Inkjet 2800. Everything I print through Photo Mechanic comes out with a very heavy blue tint. When printing through other programs (Photoshop, Firefox, Paint) the color is fine.
I've tried changing the 'output only' color profiles in the printing dialogue box but nothing works.
Any suggestions to fix the problem would be appreciated.

Try not doing any color management at all through Photo Mechanic while printing.  It sounds like the printer driver is doing its own additional color management.

-Kirk

Offline stevephotos1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 07:59:13 AM »
Thanks, Kirk.
I did no color managing initially and was getting the blue tint. I started trying the output color managing because of that.
Nothing seems to work.

Offline stevephotos1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 09:00:51 AM »
The problem seems to have been fixed the by trying a different driver. The 'HP Business Inkjet 2800 PCL6' driver was installed initially. I changed it to 'HP Business Inkjet 2800 PCL 5c' and this solved the color issue.